Sunday, August 30, 2009

Thinking

I just got back from EfM mentor training yesterday and, after reassuring the boys that I had indeed returned and wasn't going anywhere else in the immediate future and taking a much-needed nap, I decided to postpone reorganizing the notes and handouts I'd been given and just sort of take life easy. It was a grueling time, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. It was also exhilarating, frightening (to the point of terror), fun, interesting, stretching, puzzling, fulfillling, educating, sobering and introspective time. It's no wonder I'm tired -- experiencing all that from Thursday afternoon at 2pm until yesterday (Saturday) at 2pm with driving about 175 miles total going back and forth, is enough in itself. But I'm also pumped (or juiced or jazzed or revved up or whatever the current term might be) to dig in to what I have been given and see what I can mine from it. Ok, so I mixed a metaphor or two; the trainer, David, remarked with some amazement that I had strung 3 metaphors together when concluding a TR. I wonder if that was a good or a bad thing? Anyway, for info, they were something about being between a rock and a hard place, watching a wave approach and wash over and then coming out the other side in order to breathe or something like that. I do it automatically I don't always notice or remember.

At any rate, I have a stack of paper, pages of notes to decipher and transcribe, piles to sort and categorize so I can put them in relevant sections of a binder and will be able to find them again when wanted. I have groceries to buy, water to fetch, a house to de-fur and tidy, a bit of laundry to do, and most of all another nap. There is work to be done at the office tomorrow so I have to gird up my mental loins for that but I also, for the first time in three days, have to plan what to eat and decide how willing I am to spend the time preparing it or whether I would rather jsut throw something in the microwave. It was lovely having someone else cook and wash dishes, especially serving some things I seldom have (like fresh fruit already cut up) . It's also got me more motivated to buy some of that at the store instead of some of the more junky junk I love.

I will be processing what i have learned for quite a while yet. I will have questions and luckily I know people who are so patient in answering them. I have some personal planning to do and some work to do ahead of this year. I also have to be ready to accept disappointment if it comes. I'm not sure I will ever be ready for that but for my sanity's sake, I must. I also have to do some financial management matters that I have been postponing until I finished the class so that I wouldn't be distracted.

Enough blather. it's time to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment